Thursday, August 10, 2006

I just spent $19 on 5 books on Amazon. I was hoping that since I bought all the books from the same seller that I'd get a discount on shipping, but not so much. I was going to cancel the transaction, but figured, hey, less than $4 a book, not bad. Now the letters of E.B. White, E.B. White: What a Writer, Kerouac's San Francisco Blues (I think I lost my old copy,) H.G. Wells's The Island of Dr. Moreau, for the Slaves' new read, and John Clellon Holmes's The Horn will all be occupants of my library in 2-4 business days. Such is the life of a bibliophile. Exhilrating, I know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to order more books used. I don't understand how people can make any money on books that they sell for a penny. Have you noticed how cheap some are? No book orders on the horizon for me...$19 sounds like a deal, though!

Mike B. said...

the books I ordered were .01 to .86 each. The shipping cost $17! I tried. But it's still a good deal.

Rebecca H. said...

Sounds like a good haul, until you realize most of the money is for shipping! But still a good haul.

Anonymous said...

I wondered about that...they are still cheap!

Mike B. said...

I just bought a Penguin 60s H.G. Wells The Time Machine for $1 and Sarah Waters's Fingersmith for $5 at a bookstore in Cambridge. When I start, I can't stop.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP opticon barcode reader abbott lab barcode scanner Celebrex href Handmark scrabble monopoly expansion card Faqs and accutane lawsuit Cumshots facials jizz Email stationery with rainbow infrared sauna Kentucky vacant house insurance Sales tax on shipping costs in florida suzuki ignis seat cover 15what is ultram Audi factory barcode scanner kit Inkjets usa evista bodybuilding precontest Tv series manager of the bed bugs Rolex watch bands white sweater

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Renault espace online work shop manuals Volkswagen beetle rear Camping outdoor recreation how is blood pressure affected by music Medication low blood pressure http://www.domain-name-0.info/Blood_pressure_in_pregnancy.html