Monday, July 13, 2009

Everything Austen Challenge


I've finally narrowed down my selection for the Everything Austen Challenge hosted by Stephanie's Written Word.

I haven't read Austen in awhile so I will read one Austen novel, three Austen inspired books and two movies.

Lost in Austen - movie
Jane and the Man of the Cloth by Stephanie Barron - novel
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen - novel
Austenland by Shannon Hale - novel
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith - novel
Emma - movie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, kudos to you. Millions of them. You're the first guy I know who's not afraid to pick up an Austen novel. All the guy readers I know out there (as far as I know) wouldn't pick up Austen books with a ten foot pole!

Glad you're joining the challenge! read the zombies one first. :D

Stephanie said...

Again, thanks so much for joining my challenge!! Hope you enjoy Austenland as much as I did!

Iliana said...

Have tons of fun with the challenge! I told myself I couldn't join anymore but this sounds so fun and plus I just saw Emma (the Kate Beckinsale version) and really enjoyed it so I'm putting my list together today and signing up!

Mike B. said...

I couldn't imagine being a reader and not reading Jane Austen. It's like not reading Dickens. You don't have to read their entire canon, but one would be remiss for not reading them.

You give me too much credit. I come from a long history of playing soccer or basebally in high school and reading Jane Austen or Kate Chopin at night out of sight from friends and peers. But now people think I'm a geek regardless of the gender of the writer I'm reading!

Mike B. said...

Stephanie - I only hope I can complete the challenge. I hate beginning something and not finishing, so I look forward to it.

Iliana - I don't think my wife has seen that version of Emma, so maybe we'll plop down sometime after the baby and have a little movie session...at 3 a.m.!