Friday, March 06, 2009

Alexander McCall Smith

It was either earlier this year or late last year that I read my first Alexander McCall Smith book. It was The Sunday Philosopher's Club. I enjoyed McCall Smith's humor and wit, and his characters leaped off the page. Not only do I want to read all his novels now, I want to begin to collect his books as well. If I decide to collect his works, it will be quite the endeavor already, because he's published upwards of 14 novels already, along with a list of children's books. But the adventure and search for all his first editions would be a great challenge for me as an amateur collector.

I'm currently reading Espresso Tales, the second book in the 44 Scotland Street series. I usually try not to read books in a series out of order, but I needed something to read and Espresso Tales was on the bookshelf and 44 Scotland Street was not. Such are the necessities of a reader.

No comments: